Sunday, June 8, 2014

Beauty: Cosmetics Shopping


It's the season where we don't want to be clogged down with a cake face because the weather is just too hot for all of that. Don't you agree? I've been spending money on trying to find the best beauty products not only for the spring/summer but for my acne prone sensitive skin as well. 

So, let's start from the beginning. Throughout my entire life up until maybe a year and a half ago I've had great skin, and then one day the pimples came, kept coming and never went away. It was due to hormonal factors out of my control. I began suffering from acne prone skin and I wondered if makeup was even a necessity any longer; although it's left me with scars and hyperoigmentation. I started to choose to wear the bare minimum and take frequent breaks in between. What I have learned is that taking really great care of your skin with lots of water and more natural cleansing products helps tremendously. I also found out something you probably will look at this post and say "DUH! We knew that already" but DIET plays such a huge part in healthy skin #totalblonde right? 

Okay enough ranting and raving about my skin issues, lol. 

I've always wanted to try IMAN Cosmetics but every target that I frequently shop at do not carry the line. So, I went to a store maybe 20 minutes away from my area and wallah, let's say TOTAL HEAVEN! Not only did this target sell Iman, but Black Radiance and Shea Moisture Cosmetics. So I decided not to go crazy but indulge a little in makeup products for my skin complexion. See, that's a total plus again to find a cosmetic line that caters to my skin tone. 

I decided to try Shea Moistures foundation, blush and toner. I played in each of these products once I got home to see if I liked them or needed to return them. Don't judge me, lol. I spend unnecessary money on products that go to waste a lot of times.  I've told myself that I can't keep a routine such as that up. Let's just say I love them all. The foundation states sheer but it's a medium to full coverage and I bought the shade in Mahdi Mocha (I think)... I'm more than 95.5% that I'll be wearing it daily. The toner feels very refreshing and the blush is perfect for my newly tanned skin. 

I've heard it's always hard to find a BB Cream for us so I decided to give Iman's a try. It provided just an even layer over my skin but I think that I need to play in it just a little more. The foundation stick was amazing but too dark. I purchased the shade Earth 3 and when I got home and downloaded the app I was Clay. So I'm trying to decide if I want to return them for the correct shade or use the stick as a contour stick. 

I won't go on and on but I recommend you give the products a try for yourself. I'll bring you all a update later on how they held up throughout the day and many more specs. Let me know what cosmetics line works well for you! 

Lipstick & Love...Erica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...