Filed As: Lifestyle/Career/Success/Future
...In this day and time every one wants to be known as being the successful person or living out their dream job. All women want to be CEO's and I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T Chicks in my "Boosie Voice". It's the right thing to do, I guess. Instagram has all the ladies looking like they are the best of the best with having their own business or starting from the bottom, now they are here. I may sound very catty right now but I am honestly speaking the truth. Honestly, what I am trying to say is that I am proud of Us, Ladies. But what we need to show as well to the women of the world that it is not all peaches and cream, and it takes a lot of dedication and hard work to build an empire. It's not always lavish and there are some days where things aren't amazing, but if one keeps pushing then she can achieve anything that she have in her mind.
So, in good news. My career life has been a fluctuation of good news and not so good news. I changed job roles in the past months and to say the least it has been one of the most challenging experiences ever. But, as of August I am now a part time Medical Instructor/Teacher at LAI. I will be teaching Anatomy and Physiology for a few weeks. I am excited and nervous because 1. I have never taught in my life before, 2. I am teaching older individuals like myself, and 3. I don't even know where to began, I am self taught. But you know what is crazy, I don't have any teaching degree just my medical experience. So to say it is a BLESSING, is definitely an understatement.
I think I may have a few pointers for others like myself when it comes to career goals and such.
1. You do not have to keep chasing your dreams, BEGAN to CREATE them.
2. When one door CLOSES, remember another one will OPEN.
3. Be a RISK-TAKER, dive head first.
4. Find others in your CAREER field to help mentor you.
5. SURROUND yourself with people who want to see you SUCCEED and mean you WELL.
6. STAY PRAYED UP, remember that your plan does not work out, GOD already has PLANS for you.
6. Don't be afraid to TRY NEW things, you may never know how GREAT you can be at it.
Lipstick & Love,
XOXO, Erica W.