Sunday, June 15, 2014

Skin Care Routine: Heat and Makeup

Let's Toast to Pool Parties, Over-sized Sunglasses and Maxi Dresses..1...2...3...

So, as we all have realized the summer is nearly here and the weather has changed from it's subtle breeze to a mere hot day. During the next season it's obvious that we should change our skin care routine and makeup ritual so that we won't be sweating makeup all day trying to be cute, until we take that one #selfie or slide pass a mirror and realize everything is runny and oily....

Since I have been challenging adult acne over the past months I am always looking for a way to lighten the heavy makeup routine and wear less as possible. My favorite skin care options right now is to wash my face with Aveeno Complexion Foaming Wash or Neutrogena Naturals Acne Scrub followed by my Spa Serum or Shea Moisture's misting toner, and last but not least back to Aveeno Complexion Lotion.

SheaMoisture Misting Toner - 2.5 fl. oz Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser Neutrogena Naturals Acne Foaming Scrub


After I complete my normal wash, it's time to apply my makeup. So for the past few days I've tried to keep it as simple as possible. I have hyper-pigmentation and acne scarring and with my fair skin tone it shows if there is no concealer applied first. But right now that does not even matter to me. I feel like as long as my skin is becoming more healthier by the day the scars will fade in their own timing. I've been using Iman BB Cream as my base, followed by my MAC Cosmetics Concealer to brighten under my eye. I then apply my Shea Moisture's blush and ELF Bronzer with a little Mascara  and I'm out the door. I know that may not sound simple but it really is and my skin still shines through instead of a CAKED FACE.

SheaMoisture Blush IMAN Skin Tone Evener BB CRÈME SPF 15 - 1.0 fl oz
e.l.f. Kabuki Face BrushL'Oreal® Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara



How have you switched up your makeup for those warmer days and months?? We would like some tips from you as well?

Signed & Sealed with Lipstick ----E.W

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...