Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Real Talk: Parenting


Parenting/ Real Talk/ Inspiration

Let's have a little real talk conversation today :) This site isn't for the woman who lives a fairy tale life, I myself don't have that, not the American dream with the white picket fence and two dogs. I live a realistic life with ups and downs, a road that I want to often travel straight but it sometimes winds me up and causes a detour as well. All of it is worth it, it makes me who I am and strengthens me each new day.

So let's talk Parenting, which is a wonderful blessing to bring in a bundle of joy into the world and enter into Parenthood.

We have the two parent homes, the single parent homes, and also the children whom may be raised by someone else other than their parents. Parenting is such a joy, it is amazing to watch our child/ren take their first walk, say their first words, see what they like and don't like, their unique personalities and developing talents. I think it is so vital that both parents be involved in a child's life whether together or not. I believe that a mother is the nurturer, she kisses the boo-boo's. A father is the strength whom teaches the child how to handle the tough situations. Both parents have the birds and bees talk with either their daughter or son. A father teaches his daughters how a woman should be treated, he is the example of the man she want to have in her life. A mother teaches grace, class, the level of respect that should be given and so on.

It is hard when you are a full time parent, and the other is just PRN. This isn't a part time thing, it takes so much responsibility and patience. We are a jack/ jill of all trades. We become a teacher, a superhero, a doctor, a chef, a custodian. We are so much in our kids lives. They watch our every move and copy what we do. We have to lead the way and build the road to their future lives. Train a Child in the way that he or she go and as they are older they will never depart from it. I teach my son that he can be whatever he wants to be in life, I breathe life in his direction each and every day, I remind him that I love him and I am always there no matter what. It isn't easy at times, I become frustrated and impatient, but I am thankful for his unconditional life, his smile when we are together, and so much more.

We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.

Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.

Children are educated by what the grown-up is and not by his talk.

Share your parenting moments with us, we would love to hear them.

Lipstick & Love, XOXO

Images via Google, Quotes via BrainyQuote

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...