Friday, January 31, 2014

Testing..1..2..3: Natural Hair


Testing, Testing. *Pats Mic* ... So for the past week and a half I have been wearing my natural hair out. I decided that it was time to give my 18", 20", 22" u part wig a break. Haha. I must admit that I am an avid lover of personality pieces but my hair underneath was in dying need of fresh air. Every year I usually cut my hair or try a different style. Since coming from my Cassie inspired shave cut it was time to embrace my natural hair that was growing underneath. 

When I first unleashed the natural last week I can say I wasn't a fan of it at all but it felt good letting my real hair out. I headed over to Sally's and brought some products including Eden's Tea Tree and Peppermint Oil, Eco Styler Gel, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, and Curls Jelly to began with. I decided to try Bantu knots and immediately loved the style. 

It is amazing to see our natural coils and curls. I must say that I will be a transitioner because there is still permed hair that will need to change over. Growing up with natural hair wasn't anything we looked at as the beauty in a woman of color but now individuals inspire many with their big fros, curly hair, and protective styles such as braids and Havana twists. 

What makes you feel beautiful as a natural, and why did you decide to stop using all those harsh chemicals? I would love to hear your comments below. 

Lipstick & Love, XOXO 

Photo Credit: All photos are owned by me! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...