Friday, January 16, 2015

Lifestyle: Fitness & Health

Can I be honest? I can be honest right? LOL. It would not be me if I wasn't. First let me scream "HAPPPYYY FRIDAY" and next let me just tell you how I've gained weight, and even a few more extra pounds since the holidays. As I'm sitting here at my desk I feel like I need a detox a.s.a.p. You know those days where you feel as big as a house? I've been feeling that way this entire week and it's no fun at all.

So let's just talk health and fitness for a moment.....



Health is one of the most important factors in our life. It can be a matter of life and death. A lot of people, including myself are still getting by with eating lots of processed food and barely exercising. Now there are many other individuals who have taken hold of their life and feel amazing because they work hard every day. Health is just not about not getting sick, it's about having energy to complete day to day tasks. It's about eating a well balanced meal with fruits and vegetables and staying clear of anything that is not good for your body. Exercise is known to relieve stress so some people do not do it just for weight loss, they exercise to stay motivated and energized.

Detoxing the body for a few days can rid it of toxins and wastes that are weighing you down. Juicing whole vegetables and fruits are a way to detox. I'm looking into purchasing a juicer but I have to really stick with it. I am a person who has tried over and over and had to start again because I have stopped. It is not easy but it will never be unless I continue to try and push through it. I am at the heaviest weight I have ever been (besides my pregnancy) and it is uncomfortable. Friends tell me that I look great, but in reality that isn't the feeling for me. My ideal weight is 135 and I will get back to it. No more time for greasy french fries, loaded baked potatoes and sugary juices.

Some amazing fitness inspirations are.....

1. @embraceface Her transformation in a year has been impeccable. Follow HER!

2. @estellearcher She has a new fitness place called #SweatBox and she is helping individuals to take back their life. She also transformed herself because she was tired of not living a healthy lifestyle.

3. @angelasimmons The daughter of Rev Run. Fitness is her life. She trains hard and eats healthy and is such an inspiration.

4. @Vitaminellen & @Lanagem Mother & Daughter duo has taken the fitness world by storm not only in Atlanta but around the world with their 21 day challenge's. They are the founders of Black Girls Workout Too dvd's which I own both and they are amazing.

The time is now to get in shape, to eat healthy, and to commit to a better lifestyle. I know that I won't regret it and it will be one of the best decisions that I could ever make. No Excuses, More Work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...