Monday, January 27, 2014

Beauty & Brains : Good Reads

 


Growing Up I can remember my oldest brother always telling his friends that came over to the house that I was super smart. I remember him making me spell words for them, and I always thought I would be a spelling bee champion. Yeah! Good Luck to those childhood dreamy days huh? But one other thing was that my mom use to keep a cabinet filled with Terry McMillan Books, and like her I fell in love with reading and being a bookworm... 

Then I began to get into other things..... 

But I still always keep a bookshelf in my room with urban books that I've read, my Bible, and such books that are Inspiring. Reading has become one of my loves again, and late 2013 I picked back up like I never left starting with Nineteen Minutes; this book had me wanting to know more with each page, I could not put it down. I got it from the break room at work in a book box *don't judge me*. Next, was Make Your Life Worthwhile. It is a book that I brought in 2012 and it is inspiring and spiritual. Another book I brought in 2012 was Russell Simmons, Super Rich. Now when I read the title I too was thinking this book is from an entrepreneur and he is going to teach me how to have it all while building a business. Umm, Yeah and No. This book is about meditation, serving, and doing what you believe in. It is excellent.

I must say that beauty only goes so far, but brains can take you beyond heights that you could ever imagine. Read and increase your mental state, don't fill your heads with a bunch of jive but more things that can help you reach your greatest potential. 

Are you a bookworm? Let me know what good reads you have stored on your bookshelf.

Lipstick & Love, XOXO

Photo Credit: Google Images 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...