Monday, January 27, 2014

Money : Saving Instead of Splurging




"Price and Value don't always go hand in hand. You don't always need to spend to get more" -CNN 

A while ago I was the one who needed some advice and tips on my money habits, and I still do but I am getting better.I would splurge on what caught my attention, anything that I thought I needed stating that I should buy the pieces because they may not be at the store when I come back. I would splurge instead of saving first, in terms, "shop until I drop". 

Now by all means if you have it, go for it! Everyone knows what they need to do with their money and accounts. Plus I am not your financial adviser, and honestly I hate numbers and Math but when writing these posts it is like a lesson and advice to myself as well to become better and to help you out with my thoughts. 

Now how can you benefit from saving for what you want instead of Splurging? 

1. You can buy what you want instead of settling for a cheaper dupe or version of the item whether it is clothes, accessories, house decor, or whatever. 

2. You will not spend all of your money going broke trying to splurge, and still have money for other things.

3. You can save enough money for what it is that you want and then splurge on that item, and maybe some.

4. Saving helps ensure money management instead of creating unnecessary debt. 

5. When you splurge you have to make up for your loss of money. The key is to bring in more than you spend. 

Remember priorities first, then everything else thereafter!! You don't have to "keep up with the jones"....

When you save for the items that you would like to purchase you can always get the best. I like to think that Quality is better than Quantity any day. When you invest in quality it will last longer, and you will not have to keep buying the same product again. 

Another tip is to create separate bank accounts, such as two checking accounts plus your savings. Deposit money into one account for bills, and the other as your spending habits money. 


Leave your comments below with any tips or ideas that have helped you with your money management.

LIPSTICK & LOVE, XOXO 

Photo Credit: Google Images 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...