Sunday, July 6, 2014

Health and Wellness

Sunday is the day that I wind down from the festivities and errands of the weekend  and try to take it easy. I've been wanting to create this post for awhile but I still needed more time for results. So, here we are today. 

Let's talk about health, detox, diets, fads or whatever you would like to name it. 

I've been working on making a change to my lifestyle through better eating habits and exercise since January. I have made progression but nowhere near where I really could be if I stayed consistent. I start and stop and it's usually a continuous never ending cycle. I'm ashamed to say how many pounds I've lost because I'm not past two hands yet. 
 

Let's just talk about this last attempt. So my mom told me about the JJ smoothie cleanse book and I lucked up and found a PDF file on Pinterest that I downloaded.   It's a 10 day detox where you can do a full cleanse or a modified cleanse. Basically you replace two meals a day with smoothies and then the full meal you eat a big healthy salad or something very healthy of your choice. See this is where I went all wrong, I replaced my breakfast and lunch with smoothies but I was not eating a healthy meal of choice but more so what I had a taste for. Talk about discipline, huh. I finished this cleanse Thursday before last and I must say I could see a huge difference in my skin but I managed to only lose 1 pound where if you really work at it you could loose 10-15. I felt so discouraged but I knew it was all my fault. I have to applaud the initial try but I have to criticize myself for not being disciplined. 

Changing your eating habits and incorporating physical activity can be one of the most beneficial things we can ever do for ourself but keeping the motivation and consistency is the hardest. What do you do to maintain your weight or stay healthy? 

One of my favorite smoothie recipes I want to share with you all is called Pineapple Spinach, try it out. I promise you will want to make it over and over :) 


Lipstick & Love, 

Erica. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...