Friday, January 30, 2015

Natural Hair: Heat-Free Styles

Let's talk about this natural hair thing that's going on in my life at this moment. 
So, January 13th I decided that I wanted to go heat free for Atleast three months. Why? Well, I washed my hair and realized that my curl pattern was not anywhere where it used to be. Straightening my hair once and sometimes twice a week has put me in a bind. I can see many straight pieces and I know it's not healthy. So, I decided to find styles to wear while on this journey. One that takes little effort is the bun. 

Products Used: 
EcoStyler Gel: Green Jar
100% pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Miss Jessie's Leave in Condish
Toothbrush for those edges (don't judge)
Goodys bobby pins 
Human Braiding Hair 

Another go to style is Perm Rods &  Bantu knots. After a few days I usually pin them up into a pineapple. 


Sometimes I have an epic fail and will brush the curls out before pinning them up for a full fluffy look. 


Things I have learned when transitioning and on a healthy hair journey kick: 

1. Low manipulation- try styles you can wear for a few days. You don't have to brush or comb through your hair everyday. 

2. Dry your hair with a tshirt. This helps your hair from snagging and popping with a rough towel. 

3. Deep condition and make sure to keep your hair moisturized. 

4. Stay awwaaayyy from heat. 

What's your favorite natural style when going heat free? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...